Non-Profit & Charitable Organization Guidelines
The East Carolina University Department of Athletics and ECU student-athletes are committed to the East Carolina University motto, TO SERVE, through support of philanthropic organizations, community activities and worthy causes.
The NCAA and East Carolina University encourage a well-rounded education inclusive of community service. These guidelines have been established to allow the Department of Athletics to support philanthropic and community service initiatives in a fair and consistent manner in accordance with the university's mission and policies related to these efforts. NCAA regulations will be applicable to all requests. 1) ECU student-athletes volunteer over 5,000 hours annually to support various organizations, community events and educational activities. Organizations interested in having East Carolina University student-athletes to provide support with their projects can obtain policy, guideline and request forms located on the community outreach tab at the following link:
Student-athletes are limited to a thirty-minute (radius) drive to the activity location. Please note that athletics teams and individuals representing the Department of Athletics may not be responsible for the administration, management or collection of any funds.
2) East Carolina University Athletics makes game tickets available annually to support non-profit community organizations and activities. Tickets are subject to availability and administrative approval. To request tickets, organizations must complete and submit ticket donation requests by using the form located at the following link:
3) Organizations/individuals seeking autographs and/or autographed items for auctions, prizes or give-away items, etc., are required to follow the autograph request guidelines at:
Please note that all equipment/apparel purchased by the ECU Department of Athletics becomes the property of the State of North Carolina and therefore cannot be "donated" to any organization, including other state entities.
Sideline passes, game-day team meals, locker room access and other similar "fan experience" packages are not available to organizations for auctions, raffles, prizes, give-aways, etc.
4) Each sport and/or coaching staff may select one contest per season to provide public awareness in support with a recognized national program conducted by a professional coaches association (i.e. Coaches vs. Cancer game done by the basketball coaches association) or conference-wide initiative. Fundraising, money collection, auctions, etc., may not be performed at any athletic event.
5) When allowed by and consistent with applicable law, exceptions to these guidelines, as approved by the Director of Athletics, may be made for an athletically-related initiative for one-time catastrophic events such as assisting fellow conference or UNC system institutions after devastation caused by a natural disaster.
6) Outside of their regular work duties as employees of ECU, Department of Athletics staff and coaches may appear at and support philanthropic events conducted in non-athletic venues. Organizations may contact staff and coaches directly through athletic department offices for such requests.
7) Organizations may not use or associate East Carolina University through use of its name, logos, slogans, colors, mascot, trademarks, service marks and other indicia related to the university, its programs and services, and its athletics teams with any fundraising event or promotion without the advance written permission of East Carolina University. For additional information contact University Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8) This regulation does not allow sales of merchandise of any sort, distribution of promotional materials and/or solicitation of funds on university property. This includes all ECU-operated parking lots and university property surrounding all athletics facilities, before, during or after East Carolina University athletics contests.