EAST CAROLINA UNIVERSITY CHEERLEADING
2. Full time registered student at ECU
3. A 2.0 minimum GPA
4. Good Standing with the University and community (no flags on student records or student affairs)
5. Team and participants will run 2.5 miles each day prior to practice
6. At Try-Outs:
7. Female students trying out for Coed squad must not weigh more than 125 lbs (as that is the weight the men have as a minimum baseline strength assessment). This is per ECU Athletic Training Guidelines.
8. Male students trying out for or retuning to the squad must clean lift 155 lbs. one time, press lift 155 lbs. five times, and pump 55 lbs. dumb bell five times with each arm. This is per ECU Athletic Training Guidelines.
9. Complete and sign all necessary waivers and forms to be returned prior to Friday, May 7 with a $10 Tryout Registration Fee.
10. Each student must be cleared by sports medicine prior to try out activities. (Participants must be free of any injury or condition that will impede their safety or that of fellow participants.)
11. Per 2010-11 NCAA... Prospective tryout participants must turn in the signed Medical Physical And History Form with a copy of the Sickle Cell Solubility Test lab report prior to the tryout. No exceptions!
No advance videos accepted or individual meetings will be granted. Each participant will have an opportunity to meet with the coaching staff during their interview and all skills will be assessed during the tryout week. We do this to give every participant and equal opportunity during the tryout process and so individual candidates will not have any advantages prior to tryouts.
Tryout Applications may be downloaded and sent completed and signed to:
Please refer all questions to Susie Glynn