Feb. 23, 2013
- East Carolina assured itself of a winning season for the second time in three years under coach Jeff Lebo. The Pirates had 13 consecutive non-winning seasons prior to his arrival.
- The Pirates posted thier fourth Conference USA road victory of the season. ECU had never won more than three C-USA road games in season before today.
- ECU was won five road games this season, the most since winning five during the 1998-99 campaign.
- The Pirates have seven wins through 13 C-USA games for the first time. The previous best mark of wins during the first 13 conference games was six in 2011.
- ECU came from 17 points down for the second time this season. They were down 17 at home to UCF before rallying for an 88-85 overtime win. It was the
- The comeback was the largest road deficit overcome in the last 30 years. The previosu largest come-from-behind road victory was at Richmond in 1996, rallying from 16 points down.
- ECU improved to 4-7 when trailing at halftime this season. It was also the fourth double-digit deficit the Pirates have overcome this season.
- The Pirates have won four of their last five road games.
- ECU shot over 90 percent at the free throw line for the second time this year, connecting on 17-of-18 (.944), including 13-of-13 in the second half.
Akeem Richmond set the school-record for 3s in a game with nine. His nine 3s were also a SMU opponent record, Moody Coliseum record and tied a the league record for most 3s in a C-USA game.
Richmond has made a total of 78 3-point field goals this season, ranking as fourth-most in any single-season in school history. The school record is 85.
Robert Sampson grabbed double digit rebounds for seventh time this season. He also tied his career-high for blocked shots with four to move into sixth-place on the school's career list with 82.
Paris Roberts-Campbell scored double figures for the second straight game.
Prince Williams distributed a career-high five assists, one more than his 12-game total entering the day.