March 9, 2013
Box Score |
- East Carolina finished with a final Conference USA record of 9-7, giving the Pirates their first winning conference ledger since joining the league in 2001-02.
- Coupled with UCF's loss to Southern Miss on Saturday, the Pirates finish tied for fourth in the final C-USA regular season standings. Its previous best finish was eighth in 2011. Its the program's highest finish since tying for third in the CAA in 1996-97.
- The Pirates have finished .500 or better in C-USA twice in three seasons under Jeff Lebo. The most wins they had prior to his arrival was five.
- ECU won its 18th game of the season. Its the second time in three years under coach Jeff Lebo that ECU has won 18 games.
- The 18 victories are the most in the regular season since winning 18 regular season games in 1994-95.
- Its just the fourth time in its Division I history that ECU won 18 or more games in a season (19: 194-75; 18: 2011-12; 18: 1994-95).
- The victory was ECU's 13th home win of the year, breaking the record for most home wins in a season at Minges Coliseum. The 1979-80 team won 12 games in its home arena.
- The Pirates won on Senior Night for the third straight year.
- East Carolina improved to 7-13 all-time against Marshall and 5-4 at Minges Coliseum. The Pirates defeat Marshall on Senior Night for the second consecutive season.
- The Pirates scored over 80 points for the second straight game and for the 13th time overall this season. ECU is 9-4 this year when it scores 80 or more.
- ECU shot over 50 percent from the floor for the fourth time in league play this season. The Pirates were undefeated in league play when making over half its shots.
- East Carolina shot 50 percent behind the arc for a second-straight game. The Pirates were 10-of-20 behind the arc tonight after going 14-of-28 against Tulane on Wednesday.
- The Pirates recorded season-highs for free throws made (28) and attempted (39).
- ECU had two players score 20 points for a second straight game. Kemp scored 29 against Tulane and 21 tonight. Richmond had 21 versus Tulane, while Paul had 22 tonight against Marshall.
- This year's team has scored 2,238 points. They are just the third group to score over 2,200 points in a season (1974-75: 2,346; 2,319: 2010-11).
- The Pirates made 10 3s in a game for the 10th time this year and improved to 7-3 in those games.
- ECU posted its seventh 50-point half of the season with 51 second half points.
Maurice Kemp posted his third straight 20-point game. Kemp has scored 20 or more in seven of the last nine games.
Kemp moved into fourth-place on the school's single-season scoring with 535 points.
Miguel Paul recorded his second straight double-double and sixth overall of the year. He has scored double figures in four straight games and distributed double digit assists in five of the last eight games.
Paul now has 368 assists during his ECU career, third-most in school history.
Paul scored over 20 points for the fourth time this year and 13th time overall.
Akeem Richmond became the first player in school history to make 90 3-pointers in a season. After 29 games played, he has 91 on the season.
Robert Sampson grabbed double digit rebounds for the ninth time this year, finishing with a game-high 12 rebounds.