Sept. 26, 2013
Match #10: East Carolina (3-4-2) vs. Colorado College (5-3)
When: Friday, September 27 at 7 p.m.
Where: ECU Soccer Stadium
Series Record: Colorado College leads 3-4-1
Last Meeting: 2012
Live Stats | Video Stream
GREENVILLE, N.C. – The East Carolina women’s soccer team will open play in its first Conference USA matches of the season when it hosts Colorado College on Friday, Sept. 27 at 7 p.m., before taking on Charlotte on Sunday, Sept. 29 at 2 p.m. Both matches will be played at the ECU Soccer Stadium.
The Pirates (3-4-2) are coming off their fourth double overtime game of the season, after suffering a 1-0 setback in its final non-conference match of the season at High Point last Friday evening.
Junior goalkeeper Saundra Baron has been a big reason why East Carolina has allowed just nine goals in its nine games this season. Baron has made 41 saves in just over 865 minutes in net, while accumulating a .820 save percentage and a 0.94 goals-against average.
SCOUTING COLORADO COLLEGE:
- The Tigers enter Friday’s contest winners of three straight, but are 0-3 in road matches in 2013.
- Leading the offense is striker Sarah Schweiss, who leads the team in goals (4), shots (31) and shots on goal (17).
- Colorado College’s defense has allowed just six goals in its eight games this season.
- Goalkeeper Kate Scheele has made 29 saves and owns a 0.74 goals-against average in eight starts this season.
- The 49ers will open its C-USA slate at Florida International on Friday evening, before making the trip to Greenville.
- Jessica Ryan is the team’s leading scorer with four goals, and nine of her 12 shots have been on goal this season.
- Amanda Jones leads the team in shots (17) and shots on goal (13).
- Charlotte’s defense has allowed just seven goals in eight matches this season.