Jan. 4, 2012
Softball_2013_Winter_Break_Flyer | SB_Clinic_Release_Form
Note: Registration for the Sunday's camp on Jan. 6 is now closed due to an outstanding turnout. Registration remains open though for Saturday's camp on Jan. 5.
GREENVILLE, N.C. - Registration remains open for the 2013 East Carolina Winter Break Softball Camp, head softball coach Beth Keylon-Randolph announced on Friday afternoon, Dec. 14. The ECU softball staff will host the two-day camp from Jan. 5-6 at ECU Softball Stadium.
The younger softball player camp, for those girls from third through seventh grade, is on Saturday, Jan. 5 and remains open with spots still available as of Jan. 4.
The camp for the older softball players, from eighth grade and above, which is set for Sunday, Jan. 6, is now closed to additional campers due to an outstanding registration turnout.
Each day of the camp is specialized into a morning and afternoon session.
The morning session of each day is the hitting and defensive portion and is scheduled to go from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at a cost of $100. Each camper will receive instruction and practice the basics of the Beth Keylon-Randolph Hitting System. The attendees will also receive instruction and practice the foundational skills of individual and position defense.
The afternoon session of each day is the pitching and catching camp and is scheduled from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at a cost of $65. Each camper will receive instruction and practice advance skills of the Beth Keylon-Randolph Pitching System. Other areas that will be taught and practiced are the foundational skills of the throwing the fastball, rise ball and changeup. Attendees in the afternoon sessions will also receive instruction and practice foundational skills at the catching position.
All campers are instructed to bring
- Glove, cleats, bat, batting helmet and warm clothes
- Pitchers must bring a personal catcher
- Catchers need to bring catching equipment (mitt, mask, chest protector and shin guards)
1. Pre-register by emailing email@example.com with the following information
- Your name, home address, city, state, zip code
- Your email, parents/guardian names
- Your age
- The positions that you play
- Session that you are registering for
2. Prior to the start of camp you will be required to
- Sign a Medical and Treatment Form
- Sign a General Release Form
- Pay for camp or camps... Make check payable to East Carolina University Softball Camps
3. Please arrive at camp 30 minutes prior to start time
4. Participants in both camps must provide their own lunch
5. For additional information or questions contact Steve Jaecks at (423) 400-3103 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org